Using the Measuring Tools in Adobe Acrobat
Acrobat has three measuring features: the Distance tool, the Perimeter tool, and the Area tool. To access these tools:
- Open a PDF a go to Tools > Measuring > Show Measuring Toolbar.
- To use the Distance tool, click on the first icon on the Measuring Toolbar. A popup menu will appear with the distance options.
- Next click on your PDF file. You’ll see an arrow pointing to the left. If you move your mouse you’ll see a second arrow, which expands and contracts.
- On the Distance tool menu there is a listing for angle. To measure a flat horizontal surface, move you mouse up and down until the angle becomes zero.
- Click your mouse twice and check out the distance between your two points.
- If you’re working with blueprints or CAD drawings, you can plug in a scale ratio before using the Distance tool.
- By using scale ratios you can measure the actual distance between two points.
- The Perimeter tool and Area tools work in a similar fashion and also allow for scale ratios.