“This Document Contains Renderable Text” Acrobat 8
Do you ever get this message when trying to OCR a document? This means that the document has already gone through the OCR process, either completely or partially. If you find yourself having trouble editing text and you get this message then follow these steps:
- Open your PDF document and go to File > Save as
- For the ‘Save as Type’ choose TIFF, which is a type of image
- Acrobat will make separate images for each page in the document.
- Next go to File > Create PDF from Multiple Files and choose your TIFF files. Alternatively, you can select all the TIFF files and drag them as a group onto the Adobe Acrobat icon, and Acrobat will ask if you want to combine them (you do).
- Then follow the normal OCR process: [How to Edit a Scanned Document in Acrobat 8]